Volunteer Awards 2021
It's time for the 2021 Volunteer Awards! We know it's been a challenging year, but our amazing volunteers have really stepped up to make sure you still get the best university experience possible. This is your chance to celebrate the people who freely give up their time to improve your experience at Heriot-Watt, so make sure you say thank you by nominating them below!
What are the volunteer awards?
The Volunteer Awards are annual celebration of the volunteers who work tirelessly behind the scenes to make your university experience better. We celebrate our society leaders, class reps, school officers and a whole host of others who give up their time to make things run smoothly and make the student experience better for others. It's easy to complete a nomination, so please take this opportunity to tell us all the great things that volunteers are doing and make sure they are rewarded!
Any volunteering completed since 1st April 2020 can be taken into consideration for these awards.
Please click the link to nominate or to find out more information about the award criteria. The volunteer awards up for grabs this year are:
- Academic Enhancement Award – This award celebrates societies and student groups that’ve helped improve your academic experience at Heriot-Watt.
At the volunteer awards we also celebrate the milestones volunteers have reached with the hours awards:
- Bronze Award - 50 hours and 5 employability skills
- Silver Award - 100 hours and 5 employability skills
- Gold Award - 200 hours and 6 employability skills
- Platinum Award - 300 hours and 6 employability skills
- Ruby Award - 400 hours and 7 employability skills
- Diamond Award - 500 hours and 7 employability skills
These are based on the hours logged at the student union website, so if you're a volunteer please make sure your hours are up to date! If you want a refresher on how to log hours check out our guide here!
The closing date for nominations and logging your volunteer hours is 11:45pm, Fri 26th February.