Volunteer Awards 2020
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we will be live streaming the Volunteer Awards this year. We would have loved to have you all in for a big bash but as we're sure you can appreciate, it wouldn’t be wise to have an in-person get together. Instead we'll be live streaming on the 3rd of April - please let members of your society/fellow volunteers know so they can tune in!
Click 'attending' to our Facebook event here. We'll be LIVE from 3pm on 3rd April with the results! You can also join the stream directly here.
The Volunteer Awards 2020 are here! This is your chance to celebrate the people who give up their time to improve your experience at Heriot-Watt. Nominations are now open for all our awards below.
Every year we celebrate our amazing volunteers with a bash at the student union, it’s a great time to thank them for their hard work and look back on the highlights of the year!
The volunteer awards up for grabs this year are (click to nominate):
- Commitment to Sustainability - This award recognises student(s) or societies who’ve made an outstanding commitment to promoting sustainability.
- Open Door Award – This award recognises student(s) or societies who’ve contributed to creating an inclusive, respectful, welcoming environment on campus.
- Academic Enhancement Award – This award celebrates societies and student groups that’ve helped improve your academic experience at Heriot-Watt.
We also celebrate the milestones volunteers have reached with the hour’s awards:
- Bronze Award - 50 hours and 5 employability skills
- Silver Award - 100 hours and 5 employability skills
- Gold Award - 200 hours and 6 employability skills
- Gold+ Award - 300 hours and 6 employability skills
- Gold++ Award - 400 hours and 7 employability skills
- Platinum Award - 500 hours and 7 employability skills
These are based on the hours logged at the student union website, so please make sure your hours are up to date!
The closing date for nominations and logging your volunteer hours is 5pm, Tue 10th March.