Thu 24 Jun 2021 - Fri 25 Jun 2021
Announcing; the 1st School of Social Sciences Doctoral Conference on “Building a Meaningful Research Culture”!
This conference is being organised solely by the PGR student representatives within the SoSS and hopes to bring together the PhD/DBA community across all Heriot-Watt campuses.
The event will take place virtually on the 24th and 25th of June, 09:00 Edinburgh / 12:00 Dubai / 16:00 Malaysia, and welcomes all postgraduate research students, irrespective of speciality, to attend and participate in this exciting event.
The conference aims to celebrate the research conducted by PhD and DBA students and will feature inspirational talks from Heriot-Watt’s academic and research leaders.
- Keynote lectures by Prof Heather McGregor on “Things I wish I knew for my PhD”, and Prof Kate Sang on “Intersectionality in Academia”.
- Workshop on “How to be an ethical researcher”.
- PhD Student Research 20-minute Presentations & PhD Student Research in Briefs
- Poster presentations
- Panel discussion on “Getting to the finish line and life after the PhD” with recent PhD graduates.
WANT TO ATTEND?
Registration for the conference is FREE, and you can register here. Please note that certification of attendance will be provided! For more information, visit the conference website or follow @SoSSDC2021 on Twitter and join the conversation using #sossdc2021.
The call of abstracts is now open, and the deadline to submit your abstract is 31st May 2021.
All postgraduate research students are welcome to submit, regardless of year and speciality (first years are encouraged!).
You can submit your abstract here. You will be notified of the outcome and receive feedback on your submission on 11th June 2021.
THE FOLLOWING FORMATS CAN BE SUBMITTED:
- PhD Proposals/Plans (incl. planned studies, methods, etc.)
- Literature Reviews
- Study Methodology
- Full Research Study
- Other: if you have something else you would like to present, submit it as “other” and specify what you would like to present, we will try our best to include it!
We look forward to seeing you then!