Setup a Society
Don't see a society that's for you? Don't just sit there.
Start your very own society!
Here's how to do it:
- Step one: Register you interest in creating a society with our Activities Coordinator, by emailing email@example.com. We can add your group to our “Societies Wanted” page, getting you extra publicity.
- Step two: Find 9 other students who share your interest - it’s a good idea to make sure a couple of them are willing to give you a hand in setting it up, so you don’t have to do all the hard work!
- Step three: Come down to the Union to collect the affiliation forms, and organize a meeting of interested people.
- Step four: At the meeting you need to hold an informal election, to choose a few people (your new executive) who will run your society for the first year.
- Step five: To become affiliated you need to agree to the constitution in the affiliation forms, if there’s any problems don’t worry, just make notes and highlight them to Polly when you hand your forms back.
- Step six: After you have been affiliated, you need to set up a Society bank account with a bank, but don’t worry come and ask about it and we will help make sure you have what is needed.