The inaugural Global Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (GEDI) Annual Summit was held on 30 March 2023, a forum for EDI focused discussion. the session was a joint effort between the University’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion function and the Student Union.
The panel was made up of:
- Scott Anderson, Student Union President
- Georgia Noble, SU Vice-President Wellbeing
- Molly Knight, SU Vice-President Education
- Dan Potter, Sports Union President
- Carol Murray, Head of Student Wellbeing
- Campbell Powrie, Head of Student Life
- Prof Paul Dalgarno, Director of Learning and Teaching for the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Prof. Mark Biggs (Vice Principal and Provost) chaired the summit, setting the tone for informed and inclusive discussion covering:
- Involving marginalised students in the decisions that affect them.
- Having systems in place to support students’ gender identity and preferred pronouns.
- Addressing non-academic student misconduct through measures that tackle racism and sexual misconduct.
- Making ‘Global Equality Diversity and Inclusion’ a reality.
You can watch the full video below: