WHAT’S THE JOB?
We are looking for motivated, inspiring and organised person to join us as our new full-time Team Leader. The Shop is a mid-sized convenience store, located on the Heriot-Watt campus at Riccarton. We’re the only retail shop on campus, and offer everything from sandwiches at lunch, to stationery, groceries and Heriot-Watt branded hoodies.
The main parts of the role are:
- Making sure our shop looks presentable at all times
- Managing the staff on shift to make sure everything runs smoothly
- Placing orders when we’re running low, and make sure deliveries are received and on the shelves as quickly as possible
- Looking after customer enquiries, making sure everyone leaves with a smile on their face
- You’d be a key holder, and responsible for opening / closing the shop (depending on the shift you’re working)
Ideally we’re looking for someone who can fit in to our team and be confident in making sure our shop is always living up to people’s expectations.
This is a full-time job – working 35 hours per week. Shifts will be either early (7:30am – 3:30pm) or late (1:15pm – 9:15pm) on a rotational basis with the Shop Manager. Some weekend work may be required (but plenty of notice will be given). The shop is open reduced hours during University vacation times so shift times will change.
This job is not suitable for student applicants as it requires regular commitment through the day during the week - and you will have classes to attend!
WHO ARE WE?
We are Heriot-Watt University Student Union - an independent charity that is run by and for students. While we are a charity, we also run trading services (food & drink venues and a shop) that aim to make a surplus. We use this surplus to invest in other vital student support services such as advice & support and volunteering.
Ultimately our main goal is to make sure that Heriot-Watt students have THE BEST TIME whilst studying here. Our purpose is clear and simple – to put Students First, Always. We live by five values – we are fun, welcoming, brave, empowering and student focussed.
You’ll join a friendly, hardworking and professional team and have a real opportunity to make a difference to our members – while having some fun along the way.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
We’re a charity, so we offer as much as we can…
- You will be paid between £20,785 and £22,995 per year, depending on experience
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- An extra 9 fixed days off per year (we close completely between Christmas and New Year and give you Good Friday and Easter Monday off too)
- 25% staff discount in all of our outlets
- We have a good pension available
- You’ll work with a range of different people, from our permanent staff to our casual student team
- Plus, you’ll get that warm fuzzy feeling inside that you’re helping the students of HW get even more out of studying on campus
WHAT WOULD A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
You’re working the early shift this week, so you arrive at 7:30am, unlock the shop and greet the staff as they arrive.
The first task is to get the shop ready to open (we open at 8am) so you get the team started with putting out today’s newspapers, doing temperature checks of our chillers and putting out the sandwich and fresh fruit that was waiting when you arrived.
You head into the office and get the till floats out, check for any messages and just before 8am, you have a quick walk of the shop to make sure everything is looking great, before you raise the shutters and we’re ready to go for another day.
Some daily orders for fresh produce need placing before 10am, so you check what stock you have and decide on what needs ordering for delivery tomorrow. You leave the order with the Shop Administrator who will phone it in before the cut off.
Throughout the day, you keep on top of all the daily tasks making sure the team know what they’re doing including letting them go for their breaks. It’s essential you make sure there is always a staff member on the tills and that you watch for busy times between classes to make sure staff can jump on to get the queues down.
A big delivery arrives (you were expecting it this afternoon but it’s arrived early), so you make sure the shop floor is covered before heading through the back to check everything off. You let the Shop Administrator know if anything hasn’t been delivered or is on back order and then file the paperwork.
You get straight onto reorganising the staff so you can get the stock on the shelves as quickly as possible. Stock won’t sell if it isn’t on the shelves! You get stuck in and help loading trollies to take onto the shop floor, keeping an eye on staff to make sure health and safety is being followed, and trollies aren’t getting in customers’ way.
Once the delivery is away and you’ve had your break, you take a look at what supplier orders are needed for that day. Using the scanning gun, you head around the store and scan the products we’re running low on. Once you’re done, you download the order to the PC so it can be checked and sent.
Your shift is nearly over, but you notice that one staff member has been standing at the tills for quite a while, so you offer to cover for them until the end of your shift so they can get some variety in their day.
Before you leave, you hand over to the Shop Manager who is taking over the shift from you, bringing them up to speed on what you’ve done today and what still needs looking at.
Another day over!
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
If you answer yes to these questions, then this job might suit you perfectly!
- Do you have experience of managing a retail store and / or people?
- Do you enjoy going the extra mile and delivering exceptional customer service?
- Do you like variety in your day, doing lots of different things?
- Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
- Can you think on your feet and find a perfect solution to someone’s enquiry?
- Does working with a range of different people from different countries, backgrounds and cultures sound appealing?
- Do you work well under pressure, delivering to deadlines and then going the extra mile?
This role probably isn't best suited to an existing student, due to the hours and shifts required.
If you’re not yet sure and want to have an informal chat about the job please contact Stewart Macdonald-O’Brien, Head of Commercial Development at email@example.com.
Click here to download the Permanent Team Leader Job Description