What’s the job?
As a Senior Duty Manager you will be a vital piece in the puzzle that is the Commercial Team. Working closely with the Food and Beverage Manager, as well as the full time Chef, you will be tasked with making sure we hit our KPI’s to ensure we deliver a first class commercial offering to our members, the students of Heriot-Watt University across our Bar, Café and Nightclub / Venue.
A great positive attitude is needed as you may find yourself helping out in the kitchen, running food to hungry students, pouring pints, performing stock takes and being the person in charge when no other managers are left in the building.
We are ideally looking for someone who knows when to have fun and when to be the mature calm head, someone who can inspire people to be better and work smarter and someone who aspires to carve out a career in hospitality.
This is a full time job – working 40 hours per week, 5 days per week including evening and weekends.
Who are we?
We are Heriot-Watt University Student Union - an independent charity that is run by and for students. While we are a charity we also run commercial services (bar, café, venue and shop) that aim to make a profit. We use this profit to invest in other vital student support services such as advice & support and volunteering.
Ultimately our main goal is to make sure that Heriot-Watt students have THE BEST TIME whilst studying here.
You’ll join a friendly, hardworking and professional team and have a real opportunity to make a difference to our members. Be prepared to bring in a baby photo – and you’ll probably end up photocopying your face at some point too!
What do you get?
You will be paid up to £18,000 per year. 28 days holiday plus 9 fixed days (you will not be working over Christmas, New Year or Easter Weekend – yeh seriously!). Brilliant pension available plus you’ll get that warm fuzzy feeling inside that you’re helping the students of HW make the most of their Student Union.
Is this job for you?
If you answer yes to these questions, then apply now!
- Are you able to bring a fresh pair of eyes to our services?
- Do you get a buzz making sure your customers are happy?
- Do you have a Personal Licence?
- Can you calmly serve 500 people in a nightclub, prepare and cook food in our kitchen or fix a frothy line in our cellar?
- Can you be left alone to run a multi-purpose venue as the person in charge?
- Do you want to expand your knowledge of food and beverages as well as first class cocktails?
- Are you able to concentrate and complete financial paper work after a long shift?
- Do you have flair and charisma with customers, and excitement and motivation with staff?
- Are you able to multi-task and follow through on instructions given to you?
- Does working pro-actively, rather than reactively, come naturally to you?
- Do you work well under pressure, delivering before deadlines and then going the extra mile?
- Can you start before the end of August?
If you’re not yet sure and want to have an informal chat about the job please contact Andy Walker, Food & Beverage Manager on 0131 451 5333.
Sounds great, what next?
Click Apply Now and make yourself stand out by taking the time to tell us why we should pick you to work with us.
Click here to download the Senior Duty Manager Job Description