Application deadline: Fri 31 May 2019 09:00
To apply to be a Freshers Helper, click the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page for the campus you study at
The purpose of a Freshers Helper is to welcome new students to Heriot-Watt life, and act as a guide and mentor for the week.
Some of the duties you can expect to be involved with are:
- Help to promote a positive image of the Student Union and support the Union's activities during the week
- Take the lead on fun social events
- Talk to groups of students and help them find their way around campus
- Talk about your experiences of being a HW student
- Answering students' questions
Freshers Week takes place between Saturday 7th and Sunday 15th September 2019, shifts will be arranged based upon your availability. There is also a mandatory training day on Friday 6th September 2019.
For more information about being a Freshers Helper (and to apply), click your campus below or contact:
Edinburgh Campus - Polly, Activities Coordinator on P.Glynn@hw.ac.uk.
Scottish Borders Campus - Rachel, SBC Coordinator on R.Jackson@hw.ac.uk