Making the most of our passions and potential.
1. WHAT WOULD YOU BRING TO THE ROLE?
This past year I have worked as Civil Engineering School Officer, making sure that your feedback and values are heard by the university. It has been a great experience to see how student involvement can directly influence how our education is arranged and delivered. In particular, the skills I have built in communication, diplomacy and debate make me an ideal candidate for this role. As MP, I'll be able to attend meetings with Department Heads and VP Education - so we can make some real changes together!
2. WHAT ONE THING SHOULD A SCHOOL MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT ACT ON IN THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR?
As EGIS School MP, my priority will be to:
- Improve the EGIS Resource Centre
This includes extending services to connect with and support EGIS students located at the Orkney Campus.
3. WHAT SPECIFIC AIMS AND GOALS DO YOU HAVE FOR ENHANCING THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE?
Improvements to the resource centre will help support students as we return to in-person learning, and re-establish the space as a favourite place to study and spend time together. This will be achieved by:
- Setting up a hub for Events and Workshops.
- Making a contact point for EGIS Staff and Student Reps.
- Increasing comfort and accessibility.
Stretch goal - Wouldn't it be great to be able to get a tea, coffee or snack up there?
4. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR CAMPAIGN?
If you have any thoughts, suggestions or ideas - I need to hear them!
Email me, firstname.lastname@example.org
Find me on Insta! @Chloj_c
A vote for me is a vote for EGIS!
Thank you for reading :)