1. WHAT WOULD YOU BRING TO THE ROLE?
The challenges of the last two years have really opened my eyes to some of the issues that we as students collectively face. The hustle of keeping on top of coursework, managing to have some kind of social life, and of course the dreaded exam period. I understand the challenges which we face.
I became class rep at the beginning of this year and since then I have done my utmost to represent my year, relay information, and resolve issues which have been raised and remain vigilant for potential ones. I regularly meet with our school officer and other reps to better understand what goes on across the year groups and I would like to continue doing the utmost as YOUR Soss school MP.
So, if you have an issue to raise and you’d like your voice to be heard, I will work closely with school officers and your class representatives to ensure that happens.
2. WHAT ONE THING SHOULD A SCHOOL MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT ACT ON IN THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR?
Continuation of open book exams
3. WHAT SPECIFIC AIMS AND GOALS DO YOU HAVE FOR ENHANCING THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE?
- Work with the relevant body to aim for consistent, 24-hour availability of library facilities
- To advocate for a time-scaled plan from the university regarding a full return to campus
- Lobby for open-book exams for an extended period
4. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR CAMPAIGN?
You can find out more about my campaign and if you like, for a chat at my HWU email:
Follow/Message me on Instagram (I have dog pics)