Safety, Sleep, and Sport: Vote Gee for Wellbeing VP!
1. WHAT WOULD YOU BRING TO THE ROLE?
I will bring an enthusiastic and passionate attitude to the role, as I am determined to make a positive change. I have experience as a class representative during my second year of study, as well as being the Founder & President of Heriot-Watt's first ever Sleep Society and an active member of various other societies - making me well-equipped to listen to your suggestions and put them into action!
I truly have a huge passion for all things health and wellbeing and I'm a very friendly, approachable person - come and have a chat if you see me on campus!
2. WHAT THREE THINGS SHOULD THE VP WELLBEING ACT ON IN THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR?
1- Safety: Creating a safe and inclusive space for all
2 - Sleep: Encouraging healthy sleep habits
3 - Sport: Making sport and exercise more accessible
3. WHAT SPECIFIC AIMS AND GOALS DO YOU HAVE FOR ENHANCING THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE?
1 - Safety:
- Listening to students from all backgrounds to find out exactly what would make you feel safer, happier, and more included both on campus and within the wider Heriot-Watt community.
- Clearer, more easily accessible discrimination policy, making sure that Heriot-Watt's policy on discrimination can be found easily in those times when you don't feel safe so you know exactly who to speak to and what can be done.
2 - Sleep:
- Encouraging you to think about your sleep habits and how you can improve them via the 'Better Sleep for Students' campaign.
- A variety of resources on sleep advice will be made easier to find and utilise.
- Supporting societies by helping them to generate ideas and initiatives to encourage better sleep within their community.
3 - Sport:
- Working with students across all campuses, The Oriam, and The Sports Union to find ways to help students who may have struggled to access sport facilities due to: financial barriers, mental health, disability.
- Having actively supported Srivathsan Karunanithi (candidate for Student Member of Parliament) in his attempt to improve pricing and accessibility of the Oriam, I will continue to support this aim and look forward to seeing the potential positive impact this movement has on students.
- Encourage students to partake in different, potentially less-intense activities such as yoga and pilates.
4. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR CAMPAIGN?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my manifesto! Be sure to read through all of the candidates' manifestos carefully so that you can make an informed choice when voting comes around.
If my aims resonate with you and you believe that I would improve student wellbeing at Heriot-Watt: Vote Georgia (Gee) Noble for VP Wellbeing!