1. WHAT WOULD YOU BRING TO THE ROLE?
In one word: me. Who is me? Someone who is fascinated by MACS, its implications, and its impact on the future. I want to share this fascination with others whilst doing my best to represent you, your needs, and your passions.
2. WHAT ONE THING SHOULD A SCHOOL MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT ACT ON IN THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR?
Keeping students engaged and motivated.
3. WHAT SPECIFIC AIMS AND GOALS DO YOU HAVE FOR ENHANCING THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE?
MACS is such a broad field of study that people are unaware of its true potential. I aim to shed light on some unconventional MACS related fields in a two-pronged approach:
1) Invite practitioners of these fields to give a quick introduction and overview of what these jobs entail and how they apply MACS concepts.
2) Host workshops or field days so students can gain some hands-on experience in these fields.
Furthermore, I would work to establish course-specific support groups that aim to elevate the potential of our students. These may be peer-based or potentially follow a mentor-like approach where students from higher grades can share their experiences and advise those just starting off.
It should be said though that the ultimate goal is pizza. I can't promise I'll deliver, but I'll try my best.
4. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR CAMPAIGN?
You can find me on Instagram (@TheDudeWithACube) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feel free to message me with any questions or queries or just to quiz me in general. You can also find me at Zeros on Thursdays between 4 and 6 pm trying to redefine the game of chess. Is this a shameless promo for the Chess Soc? Yes it is. Are they paying me for it? Only in exposure.