Working towards a better university experience for all students.
1. What would you bring to the role?
- I have experience of being a leading member of the Heriot Watt American Football team as the Fundraising Secretary and team captain, these roles required me to help solve problems such as sourcing funding avenues for the team as well as finding ways to help the team gel as a cohesive unit. The problem solving skills I have learned and refined as a result have given me the confidence to now go and tackle some of the major issues in regard to the student experience.
- As a Supervisor at my current job I have experience taking charge of situations and using available resources in order to get the job done which will prove invaluable when pushing my manifesto promises.
- I am an incredibly compassionate and hard working individual who genuinely cares about the wellbeing of students university wide. Voting for me would allow me to focus my energy into helping improve your university experience for the better!
2. What one thing should a Student Member of Parliament act on in the next academic year?
Improve the student experience both educationally and socially.
3. What specific aims and goals do you have for enhancing the student experience?
- Push to have the positive aspects of Remote Blended Learning permanently incorporated into university courses.
- Create an initiative to help improve Heriot Watt's Enviromental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance.
- Run a campaign on mental health in order to further encourage student discussions on this important issue.
4. Where can I find out more about your campaign?
To find out more about me and my election campaign, check out my social media or contact me through my email below:
Facebook: Guy Shafar - #1 for Student MP