Application deadline: Wed 08 Jan 2020 12:00
Recruitment for this role is being managed by Bruce Tait Associates. If you are interested in the position, have question or would like to apply, please visit their website at brucetaitassociates.net.
What’s the job?
We’re on the hunt for an Office Manager to join our Corporate Services department to help us look after our offices in Edinburgh, and everything that goes along with them.
You will manage an enthusiastic team of 2 part-time cleaners and 5 casual student receptionists, and use your experience and creativity to help Corporate Services become a truly forward thinking, pro-active department to support the charitable and commercial operations of the Student Union.
This is a full time job, 35 hours per week, which may include some evening and weekend work (but we’ll give you plenty of notice). Flexibility is expected depending on what we have going on – no two days are ever the same!
Who are we?
We are Heriot-Watt University Student Union. We’re based at Riccarton (on the outskirts of Edinburgh) and our main goal is to make sure that Heriot-Watt students have THE BEST TIME whilst studying here. We have a bar, café, nightclub and shop, plus we work with Students to make their time at Heriot-Watt the best it can be through our Advice Hub, societies, academic representation and a whole load of volunteering opportunities.
You’ll join a friendly, hardworking and professional team and have a real opportunity to make a difference to our central business support services.
Is this job for you?
If you answer yes to these questions, then apply now!
- Do you have experience in managing offices and people?
- Are you able to work with suppliers to ensure we get great value for money?
- Do you know the ins and outs of Microsoft Office? Or does the thought of doing a mail-merge fill you with terror?
- Can you handle the most bizarre questions and requests with a smile?
- Can you look at something and think of new and creative ways that will make it even better?
- Does it make you happy to help people, and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference?
- Are you happy spending everyday with students? It’s ridiculously rewarding – but you’ll never be able to find anything again!
- We will probably ask you for a baby picture and to photocopy your face. You ok with that?
Sounds great, what next?
Recruitment for this role is being managed by Bruce Tait Associates. If you are interested in the position, have questions or would like to apply, please visit their website at brucetaitassociates.net.