Marketing Coordinator Closes : Monday 21st May @ 09:00
What’s the job?
We are looking for an exciting and creative individual to join our team to look after our marketing and communications. You will work closely with various different people to ensure our marketing activities are planned, developed and delivered effectively to increase awareness and engagement with the Student Union.
Ideally the minimum we’re looking for is a marketing graduate that has some work place marketing experience through placements or internships.
This is a full time job – working 35 hours per week, usually Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, although flexibility is expected depending on what we have going on so some evening and weekend work may be required with plenty of notice.
Who are we?
We are Heriot-Watt University Student Union - an independent charity that is run by and for students. While we are a charity we also run commercial services (bar, café, venue and shop) that aim to make a profit. We use this profit to invest in other vital student support services such as advice & support and volunteering.
Ultimately our main goal is to make sure that Heriot-Watt students have THE BEST TIME whilst studying here.
You’ll join a friendly, hardworking and professional team and have a real opportunity to make a difference to our members. Be prepared to bring in a baby photo – and you’ll probably end up photocopying your face at some point too!
What do you get?
You will be paid up to £21,138 per year. 28 days holiday plus 9 fixed days (Christmas, New Year and Easter). Brilliant pension available plus you’ll get that warm fuzzy feeling inside that you’re helping the students of HW make the most of their Student Union.
Is this job for you?
If you answer yes to these questions, then apply now!
- Are you excited about creating marketing plans that will have a big impact?
- Do you have an understanding of what a student in 2018 is looking for and how to grab their attention?
- Can you write copy that is fun & playful yet oozes confidence and reliability?
- Can you be given an activity to promote, and immediately think of loads of different ways to get the message out there (not just by putting up a poster!)?
- Does working with a range of different people from different countries, background and cultures sound appealing?
- Are you able to use graphic design packages like Photoshop and Illustrator? Not necessarily to an expert level, but some knowledge would be great.
- Are you the sort of person that makes sure you know everything that is going on, to see how you can input in to it?
- When you see something interesting, is your first thought “let’s get a photo for Instagram and tell people about this”?
- Are you a planner AND a do-er?
- Does working pro-actively, rather than reactively, come naturally to you?
- Do you work well under pressure, delivering before deadlines and then going the extra mile?
If you’re not yet sure and want to have an informal chat about the job please contact Jamie Nutter, Deputy CEO on 0131 451 5333.
Sounds great, what next?
If you think this sounds like the job for you then go to our website at www.hwunion.com/jobs and fill in our application form. If you want to really stand out please take the time to tell us why we should pick you to work for us.
If you'd like an informal chat about this role, please contact Jamie Nutter, Deputy CEO on 0131 451 5333.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the application form and return to Gillian Fortune, Executive Assistant on G.J.Fortune@hw.ac.uk or post to Heriot-Watt University Student Union, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS