1. WHAT WOULD YOU BRING TO THE ROLE?
My name is John Sajeev and I am a postgraduate in the Edinburgh Business School. I am standing to be elected as the student member of the parliament of because I would like to ensure that the views of all students from all faculties and years are represented. As a fresher especially, I believe I can have an impartial view to the matters of the school and as a result improve the compatibility of the school with you – the student body.
2. WHAT ONE THING SHOULD A STUDENT MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT ACT ON IN THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR?
3. WHAT SPECIFIC AIMS AND GOALS DO YOU HAVE FOR ENHANCING THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE?
As your representative on the council of the school I would aim to ensure that:
1. Anyone can make their voice heard and express their opinion on the running of the school, regardless of faculty, year or any other factor
2. The student body (you!) are kept informed of the decisions made by the council
3. Decisions made by the council are to the benefit of all the students
In order to deliver upon these aims I will use my previous experience as a the vice president of JCI Karimkunnam Zone (non profit international non governmental organisation of young people) and a member of the school council of my higher secondary school. As well as this I will endeavour to give you opportunities to inform me of what I can do to improve your experience – because you know best what you want to change.
I would be honoured to represent you during the coming year and to be given the opportunity to make a positive impact on your university experience.
4. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR CAMPAIGN?